Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bone Chillin'

I looovvveee the Cottage. It is so quaint and precious. It has a wonderful spirit and feeling when you walk in the door....but when it has been 30*-40* at night the cottage becomes a meat freezer. The little house has no insulation... it's just the way it was built in 1930. I opened the Cottage this morning...we have been closed from Christmas Eve until today. So, there has not been any human body in the cottage to conduct any heat for over a week. Here is what the thermostat read this morning at about 9:45 am.

Yes...you are reading that right!!! 44* yes 44*. Now, we have a wonderful old wall heater that runs on propane that is mounted on the wall right by the check out counter and let me tell you...it can produce some heat. Within about 1 hour I had the Cottage pretty toasty.

So I am telling you this to show you what my sweet sister gave me for Christmas. While she was at my house for Thanksgiving we came to the Cottage for a little private shopping spree. She had a blast and I ended up having to send a box of stuff the next week. Anyway...It was bone chillin cold that day and she could not believe how cold the Cottage was. She said she knew immediately what she was going to get me for Christmas....











I. LOVE. IT. It is wonderful. It is lined with that furry lambs wool looking stuff and of course the monogram is PERFECT!!!! She is and has always been the MOST thoughtful person I know and what is great about that is she is MY sister!!! I was so thankful to have my coat this morning!!!

So do not hesitate to come by the Cottage...even right at 10am when we open...The heater, guaranteed, will be blowing!!
We are taking our Christmas trees down now. Most all of our Christmas ornaments and decorations are 50 % off for a limited time...You MUST hurry over and check it out!!
Happy New Year!!!
Mandy

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Gonna have to figure out how to use the time delay on that camera!!

Kitt said...

Love your new jacket, Mandy! It has been bone chilling lately. Stay warm and have a Happy New Year!

Girly Stuff said...

It is perfect!

I wonder what she will come up with next year?

I can attest to how cold that place gets. And everytime the heater cuts on I squeeze my eyes in anticipation of the explosion. That thing is scary.