Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just Go With Your Gut


You know....sometimes there is just this feeling you get...maybe I should...hmmm??? Then you decide you are just having an OCD moment, you're out of control, being ridiculous over some "stuff"...then... it happens...you should have just gone with your gut!!!




It was time for the Cottage to have a little face lift...past due actually...we knew when we purchased the cottage that it needed a roof but, buying a beautiful armoire and some pretties to go with it was waaayyy more fun....


Since Marci organized the garage so beautifully while I was on vacation we had taken some pieces of furniture in there to work on... out of the heat, sun and occassional rain drops...


I took the contractor into the garage and asked, "Should I cover any of my furniture pieces with a tarp in case something falls from the rafters?"


He answered..."NOOOO, you should be fine."


I kept thinking...hmmm..maybe I should go up there and cover some things up...then I would think...oh stop it, you are just being silly.....




uuuhhhuummm....






and...








and...







and...







So enter...



The ole trusty garage vac...Troy thought I should just blow everything off with the compressor but I was a little nervous about creating a horrific dust storm which would cause me to have a doubly horrific allergy attack which would make for a triple horrific cranky cottage chick...I chose to vacuum it up...


Look at how pretty she looks with her new "do"!!!

The Old Oak Cottage is a little dear that was built in 1930 and she still sported her 1930's original wood shingles under the other 30 yr old shingles that were put on top...she feels so much lighter now...and she just looks soooo good!!! Love this house!!!

Come by for a cookie sometime and chit chat a while...I will stop vacuuming and looovvvee to come in and visit... :-)

Mandy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a cute little house you have. She does look nice with her new "hat".