Thursday, July 1, 2010

Some Vinyl Fun

I have been playing a bit at home with my Cricut. Marci and I always try to pick up misc plates and such when we are out on our shopping ventures. So, I took a few home and started working on a few little cutie projects...
I love this Paris trio....
These plates sit above "Miss Willoughby". I like to think she is a little French girl that lives in the beautiful countryside of France...that could be an idea for a sweet story, huh?
I loved how these birds were so whimsical....

AAHHHH..the dress form...I would love to happen upon a bunch of vintage full size dress forms....of course, at a fabulous price, right?






This plate has one of our words on it...then the widest burlap ribbon...love that ribbon!!!

Of course this is not vinyl....duh!!! Anyway...Marci picked up this calendar holder at a yard sale not too long ago...You remember the very country calendars that you could unscrew the top bar (if you look close you can see it)and place the calendar under it...the board was painted a solid color...I just covered the entire thing with chalkboard paint ....
sooo cute!!! This could go anywhere..kitchen, laundry room, mud room (for those of you lucky enough to have a mud room)!!!

The painting of new pieces has slowed down around here....Living on the hurricane coastline doesn't help!!! It is pouring here right now as a result of Hurricane Alex that went ashore some time this morning south of Brownsville...oh I feel for those people in Mexico!!! The affects of Hurricane Ike are still way too fresh in my mind!!!! We are getting the outer bands of the hurricane. Better than the hurricane though!!!
Hope your summer has been full of Pink Lemonade, Homemade Icecream and Lightning Bugs at dusk!!!
Happy 4th of July!!!
Mandy







No comments: