Friday, July 3, 2009

Not Too Shabby....Chandeliers...


You know when you read all the magazines about summer and slowing down and backyard cookouts and relaxing with the kids......what????? I don't understand....when does that happen? When do we relax and sip lemonade and lay in the hammock and listen to the kids laughter? Maybe I missed something...do we schedule that in? It is not on my calendar. No, we have work, and camps and my kids being whisked away by the grandparents for a 7 day cruise and me being left at home....to work, clean, cook, change their sheets, dust their room...no wait, they can do that when they get back. Oh well, I can honestly say summer has not slowed us down one bit. The only thing that has slowed down is the blogging....so I am trying to catch up...






Sooo, why not a BIG reveal of the fantabulous chandeliers that we have been working on. For anyone who has lugged the nasty, cobwebbed chandelier from the auction or trash pile, cleaned, rewired, painted, re-painted, shopped for crystals, bought the crystals, hung the crystals, held the 200 lb beauty above your head with arms shaking because you refuse to wait for help because you are too anxious to see the queen in all her glory...well...kudos to you...you know what we have been through! :-)





Aren't they just gorgeous??? I would love to hang one in the center of my kitchen, but as I sit and picture it I also feel the snowball happen....you know the one....oh my that thing has to go, eewww that is ugly in here, I need....and on and on and on. So I guess I will leave well enough alone.... for now :-)



Here is another project finished...for all you queens, princesses, and miss prisses...you know who you are...this is for you...



2 comments:

Magic Brush said...

Completely in love with all of these treasures!!!! Where did you get the crown transfer thing????

Girly Stuff said...

It all looks great! I love how many crystals landed on the chandelier! And the crown piece looks great!

I think in my next life I will be a magazine editor...they seem to be the only ones enjoying summer to its fullest!