Friday, October 9, 2009

We're Back! and Looking Forward

We returned from The Round Top Antique Week at LaBahia late Saturday night Oct 3rd. Unfortunately, Saturday brought torrential rains most of the day. We were fortunate to have some die hard shoppers until about 2 pm. Our guys were there to offer their blood, sweat and muscles for loading the booth onto the trailer. Marci and I were so very nervous about our last few pieces of furniture getting wet and ruining the finishes on them....never fear!!!





The guys backed up that big ole trailer right into the tent!!! Everything was loaded safely and pretty dry!!! We scrambled a little with running water underfoot but Marci and I jumped into high gear, well, high gear for us!!....and moved what we needed to dry land.

We had a great show and we are looking forward to the Spring show.

We are all moved back into the Cottage and are working towards our Antiques on the Lawn show November 14 and 15. We will transform the Cottage into our own little Christmas wonderland and have our Christmas Open House that weekend. We hope you will join us for a great weekend to kick off the holidays. Be looking for hints of what's to come!!

Have a great weekend...Hey, southeast Texas is getting a cold front today!!! Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Layli*Bug said...

Hiladies...I was just reading your Blog and I am so excited that you aren't far from me at all. I am coming to see you this weekend! I wanted to ask a few questions but cannot email from my computer...could you please give me you address? I am looking also for a desk and hutch...Do oyou have anything like that in your shop? And what are your hours? Can't wait to hear back from you!!!
Shelley

Girly Stuff said...

I wish it hadn't rained on Saturday. I though about you guys when we were trapped in the camper. Yes...trapped!

Glad it was a great week for you!